A conversation with public speakers.
On today’s episode of Claim the Stage, you’ll hear an impromptu conversation between some serious public speakers! We put together a little roundtable to share stories, tips, and what still surprises us.
Featured on the episode:
- Bobbie Carlton, founder of Innovation Women
- Kit Pang, founder of BostonSpeaks
- Brenda Loan Baker, Speaker Sisterhood club leader in Boston, Brockton, and Lowell
- Emily Canina, Speaker Sisterhood club leader in Boston
- Kathy Lamphier, marketing professional
- Addison, a really cute dog
You’ll hear about how to reframe fear, how I use my interest in standup comedy in my speaking, how Bobbie uses “not being funny” to also be hilarious, how Kit keeps things simple, and how passion and talking about what you like can improve your presentations. This episode was recorded at Alley, a coworking space at 10 Ware Street in the Harvard Square section of Cambridge, Massachusetts on April 26, 2018. Enjoy!
*See pictures of Addison the dog on my Instagram: @angelalussier
Thanks to our tour sponsors:
- Innovation Women
- Angie’s BoomChickaPop
- Tea Forte
- Emerson College
- AllStar Car and Truck Rental
Listen to the Claim the Stage Podcast Ep. 91 Tales from the Road: #SpeakUpTour2018 Part 4
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, five-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.