Anxiety be gone!
Have you ever signed up to give a presentation, and in the days or weeks leading up to it, regretted ever putting yourself in that situation? If so, you’re not alone! Many speakers experience intense feelings of anxiety, fear, worry, and stress for varying amounts of time before they take the stage. The good news: It doesn’t have to be this way. My guest on today’s episode is Crystal Farley, chief story teller and co-creator for two successful podcasts, PTSD: People, Trauma, and Stress Discussed: an unfiltered truth, as well as Making of HERstory. Crystal is a national speaker on the topic of women’s advocacy in the workplace, and as a Certified Stress Management Maven, is the founder of C Far: Beyond the Box, an organizational stress management consulting business working to create a better foundation of stress management for employees. Crystal is a combat veteran and former woman of technology, having worked for companies like Apple, IBM, and HPE.
What we cover on today’s episode:
- How to manage feelings of anxiety, stress, and fear
- Tips for taking care of yourself when leading up to a big event (like a big presentation)
- Strategies for anxiety management
- Mistakes people make when trying to cope with difficult feelings
- What expectations have to do with taking away joy
- How to stop comparing yourself to others and have your own experience
- The value of being present before and during your speech and how to do this
- The roles rituals and accountability play in stress management
Find Crystal at https://www.cfarbeyondthebox.com/
This episode is sponsored by Told Video: Original, thoughtful storytelling for your brand. Here to help you with your next step in marketing: a meaningful video. Let your story out into the world – get it Told. Contact Rebecca through June 1 to receive a pack of four 15-second social media videos along with your full video. Reach out for a free phone consultation and quote, and to find out more at Toldvideo.com.
Want to recommend a topic or guest? Email me!
Listen to the Claim the Stage Podcast Ep. 118: Managing Stress and Self-Care Leading Up to a Speech with Crystal Farley
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, six-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.