Week 1 brought time for reflection.
Howdy! It’s day 11 of the #SpeakUpTour2018 and I’m sharing what I’ve learned so far on the road. I feel like a band on tour now that I’m constantly traveling in the van and living out of a suitcase. It’s been fun and my schedule has allowed me some downtime to think about what I’m learning. I’m sharing my top six reflections with you on today’s episode.
- Everything is more real now
- We are all the same
- Being present is more important than being perfect, but it’s good to have a plan
- Life is a continual study
- You’ll never be ready; you just have to start
- It’s all about listening and connecting
If you’ve ever thought about going on a speaking tour or want to up your speaking game, these reflections may be helpful on your journey. Enjoy!
Thanks to our tour sponsors:
- Innovation Women
- Angie’s BoomChickaPop
- Tea Forte
- Emerson College
- AllStar Car and Truck Rental
Listen to the Claim the Stage Podcast Ep. 88 Tales from the Road: #SpeakUpTour2018 Part 2
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, five-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.