Do you speak about a topic that most people would rather avoid than have to deal with? Topics that make your target audience uncomfortable can be hard to market because they may not want to face that discomfort. On today’s episode, I interview Rachel Richards, a former financial advisor who has made a name for herself in the personal finance realm. She is the bestselling author of “Money Honey” and “Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement.” Her valuable money lessons have helped thousands of millennials work their way out of financial despair. She has successfully done what no one has done before: made the topic of money management fun, entertaining, and simple.
- How Rachel got into money management as a career focus
- How she took a topic that is typically dry and difficult to follow and made it fun and simple
- Tips to turn an emotionally-charged topic into something people want to learn about
- How she approaches this topic when putting together a speech
- How she creates compelling content for social media
- What she did to change her mindset from seeing this topic as hard and difficult to simple and easy
- Customer research she did to learn about how her audience talks about finances
- How she has gotten so much attention for the book
- Advice she would give as a starting point for other speakers and aspiring authors who are trying to make their topic more attractive and are struggling with it
Learn more about Rachel Richards here
Buy Passive Income, Aggressive Retirement here
Follow her on Instagram Facebook and Twitter
Want to get your copy of Secrets of the Sisterhood? This book is a compilation-style publication that features speeches written by Speaker Sisterhood members. The women between the pages of this book are courageous, powerful truth tellers. These 45 speeches were originally delivered in Speaker Sisterhood clubs across the U.S. between 2016 and 2019. You’ll read stories of believing, seeking, becoming, and so much more. This book also serves as a fundraiser for our scholarship program, The Gratitude Fund. 50% of profits will go towards this fund to help more women access the power of the Speaker Sisterhood. Get your copy of the book by clicking here.
Listen to episode 135 How to Make an Emotionally-Charged Topic Approachable and Fun with Rachel Richards here:
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, seven-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.