Today’s show is taking a rare turn into the world of mental health and trauma and how it influences our ability to use our voice. My guest is Dr. Omar Reda, a board-certified psychiatrist, Harvard-trained trauma expert, and Founder of Project Untangled, a model of care for trauma survivors. He has extensive experience and expertise in trauma-informed care, art and play therapy, refugee mental health, Muslim mental health, and the use of dialogue to combat hate. He is also the author of the book Untangled, A Go-To Guide for Caregivers of Traumatized Children, Families, and Communities.
- The role of parents and what happens when they don’t do their job
- What attachment is and why it’s important for speaking up
- Types of trauma and how these experiences affect adults
- Why people who experienced trauma as children metaphorically lose their voice
- Strategies and tools for adults to learn how to speak up now
- Approaches for breaking the cycle of trauma and loving yourself more
Learn more about my new course, Online Presenting Made Easy! Registration is now open. Class starts September 21st. See you there.
Listen to episode 144 How Childhood Trauma Can Steal Your Voice as an Adult with Dr Omar Reda
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, seven-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.