Suzanne Bates is the CEO of Bates, a firm with a mission to help leaders shape the world. As a coach to some of the world’s top executives, Suzanne’s passion is helping leaders align, engage, and move people to drive results for their organizations and the world around them. Her latest book, All the Leader You Can Be: The Science of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence, was published by McGraw Hill in March of 2016.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How to decide what you should do each day as a business owner (and what to leave out)
- Why it’s okay to start something new without a clear vision of the big picture
- A surprising way to create your own intellectual property (IP) using your intuition.
- Why “simple and powerful” is a beautiful combination
- How to figure out your audience’s agenda (and how this helps you dramatically improve)
- Why creating ‘a-ha’ moments for your audience may be easier than you think!
- Why having a community accelerates your growth as a business owner and speaker
- The #1 way to get booked for speaking gigs
- Why you should use crayons more often
- And much more!
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.