Ji Eun (Jamie) Lee is a professional speaker and negotiation trainer who lives in New York City. She specializes in hands-on negotiation workshops for ambitious women. She says, “Negotiation is a conversation with the intention of reaching an agreement where everyone has the right to say no.” She believes that when women own their negotiation prowess and win, everyone wins, too.
In episode 4:
- Why the statement “You should always ask for more” changed Jamie’s life
- Why women don’t always negotiate in business and how Jamie is changing that
- Why negotiation is actually about control and how to reframe it for yourself
- When you should walk away from a negotiation (and when to keep going)
- Why you should approach negotiation without the need to hear “yes”
- Why being hard on yourself probably isn’t the best place to start
- How Jamie went from pop star to master negotiator, and much more!
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.