Ken Lizotte is author of The Expert’s Edge: Become the Go-To Authority that People Turn to Every Time (McGraw-Hill), the The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs (Maven House Press) and five other books. Ken has also authored over 600 published articles including a weekly column for the American Management Association. Chief Imaginative Officer (CIO) of his firm emerson consulting group inc., which transforms consultants, entrepreneurs, attorneys and professional services professionals into “thoughtleaders.” Ken has guided over 150 business experts toward publication of their first book.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- Ken’s “5 Pillars of Thought Leadership” and the steps to start taking today so you can build your brand to the ranks of a thought leader
- How to make a seemingly “old” topic appear fresh and new
- Ken’s go-to method to stay top of mind with his audience
- An interesting way to find speaking gigs
- Why publishing books and articles is one of the most important things you can do as a speaker
To learn more about Ken, visit his website: thoughtleading.com. His book, The Speaker’s Edge: The Ultimate Go-To Guide for Locating and Landing Lots of Speaking Gigs is available on Amazon.
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.