In episode 7, I talk to Diane Goodman, founder and president of Goodman Speakers Bureau in Windsor, Connecticut since 1979. Diane works closely with meeting planners to secure professional speakers, entertainers, thought leaders, business leaders, authors, celebrities, and sports figures. In this episode, Diane answers all of the most common questions she receives about speakers bureaus.
- How to get into a speakers bureau
- The role and benefit of a speakers bureau
- What Diane looks for in working with a speaker
- The importance of marketing materials
- What to do when you’re starting out as a speaker
- Why talking about everything in your talks doesn’t help you
- Which actions and mindsets hold speakers back, and much more!
Learn more about Goodman Speakers Bureau.
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.