“Speaking is a great way to demonstrate thought leadership, expose your brand, and get business. Speaking is a business development effort.” –Steve Markman
Today’s guest is Steve Markman, president of Markman Speaker Management, a speaker placement firm. Steve helps speakers get both paid and unpaid speaking engagements by using his 30 years of event and conference experience. In this interview, he shares with us:
- The most important thing a conference organizer is looking for when they hire a speaker
- The falsehood among speakers that stops them from landing big speaking gigs
- The one thing a paid speaker must have on their website to get hired
- What your speaker video should include to showcase you as a speaker
- The #1 reason you won’t get hired for a speaking gig
- The most common negative feedback speakers receive and how to avoid it
- How to present like a pro
- The three most important questions to ask yourself to get started as a paid speaker
- And much more!
Steve really knows his stuff and this is the perfect episode if you have any interest in being seen as a leader or speaker in your field.
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.