Alison Podworski knew at the age of 9 that she wanted to be a television news reporter. After years on TV, she transitioned to work in PR and opened her own agency to assist small business owners, speakers, authors, and other types of clients with their PR needs. In today’s episode, Alison shares her #1 piece of advice for every business owner, no matter what age or stage. She tells us:
- What PR really is and why speakers need a PR strategy
- How to get national attention by focusing on local media outlets
- Popular misconceptions about PR
- What a PR agency does and how they help increase your chances of getting media attention
- How to create a compelling angle when pitching yourself to the media
- Steps to take to promote your speaking gig yourself through social media and press releases
- What to do if you have a limited budget but want to start building up your PR opportunities
- How to think of yourself as an expert if you don’t think you are ready for that title
- And so much more!
This episode is packed with all things PR. If you’re ready to get noticed and start building your brand in a big way, you’ll love what today’s show has to offer. Enjoy!
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.