Think you have nothing to say about your life? Think again!
“Who cares about my story? My life isn’t that interesting.” If you’ve ever found yourself saying this to yourself, today’s episode is for you. We’re going deep into the power of storytelling, and not just any stories—your own personal stories. My guest today is Eva Tenuto, the executive director of TMI Project, a non-profit organization offering transformative memoir workshops and performances in which storytellers divulge the parts of their stories that they usually leave out.
On today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Why telling your story is important.
- What makes a story good and memorable.
- What makes a story forgettable and boring.
- What to include in your story to captivate your audience.
- Where public speakers fall short when telling their stories on stage.
- How to get started and the first steps to take right now.
Learn more about Eva Tenuto and TMI project: www.evatenuto.com or www.tmiproject.org.
Listen to the Claim the Stage Podcast Ep. 65: The Power of Your Personal Story with Eva Tenuto of TMI Project:
Watch the episode recorded Live on Facebook:
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.