Katy Tynan is a bestselling author, internationally recognized expert on how work is evolving, and was voted one of the best motivational speakers in Boston. Katy is the author of Survive Your Promotion! The 90 Day Success Plan for New Managers, and her most recent book is Free Agent: The Independent Professional’s Roadmap to Self-Employment Success. She is currently Managing Director of CoreAxis Consulting, a leading talent strategy consulting firm based in Southborough, Massachusetts. Here’s what we discussed in episode 5:
- How Katy became one of the best motivational speakers in Boston
- How to start building your credentials as a speaker
- How to become the Michael Jordan of speaking
- How to develop your message and how to find the right places to deliver that message
- The best way to connect with your audience (hint: it’s not about you!)
- The right way to deliver your message so your audience gets the most from it
- Why writing and publishing are a speaker’s best friend
- What to do when you’ve said yes to a speaking gig and then realize you’re in over your head
Learn more about Katy and follow her work here.
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, three-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.