SEO, blogging, websites, and more!
You’ve likely heard of SEO (search engine optimization), blogging, and websites, but have you ever used these tools yourself? If you are interested in being a paid public speaker, a big part of booking your next gig comes from event organizers finding you! If you don’t have a website yet, you are missing out on an opportunity to show your expertise and have a virtual storefront for your speaking business.
On today’s episode, I interview Kristen Day, the owner of A Visual Business and a consultant and trainer for small businesses with a focus on their online presence using social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), paid advertising on Google (PPC), blogging, website readability and development, and email marketing.
- the “trifecta” and why speakers need it
- why SEO is important for speakers and how to use it
- how to be an effective blogger and write meaningful content
- how to get started with a website and tips for keeping it simple
- mistakes people make when following this advice
- how to use these tools with social media to be most effective and efficient
- the one most important piece of advice to help you get started right now
If you’re interested in getting booked for more speaking gigs and don’t want to do all the legwork of reaching out to organizations, help them find you by listening to today’s episode. You can find out more about Kristen at www.AVisualBusiness.com.
Listen to the Claim the Stage Podcast Ep. 96: Using Internet Marketing (Website/Blogs, Social Media & Email Marketing) for Best Exposure as a Speaker with Kristen Wilson Day
Watch the episode recorded Live on Facebook:
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, five-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.