Welcome back to the podcast!! It’s good to be back in your ears after three months off. On today’s episode, I invite Lenore Braun, the club director of the Speaker Sisterhood, and Amber Ladley, the creative director, to the show to discuss our life-changing summers. Last time we talked, I told you my podcast was taking a vacation, but that wasn’t the only thing that took a hiatus in June. This summer, along with the core team that comprises my business, I took a major step back from working on everything so we could take a breather and get more perspective on what we were building. In this special episode, number 100, we lay out some of the biggest learnings, mistakes, ah-ha moments, and regrets from our summer break.
- how we planned to spend our time and how we actually spent it
- how we dealt with discomfort and anxiety from taking time off
- unexpected learnings and lessons
- how taking time off has helped us claim the stage in life and when speaking
- advice for others who may be burnt out and needing to take a break but don’t know where to start and don’t know how to ask for it
- our biggest regrets and what we’ll do differently next time
Books and resources I discuss in the episode:
- The Pill by Jane Bennett and Alexandra Pope
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Tony Weschler
- Period Repair Manual by Lara Briden
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause by John Lee, MD
- My Flo app and TEDx talk by Alisa Vitti, functional nutritionist, founder of FLOliving.com
*I am not affiliated with and do not make money off recommending these books or experts.
Listen to the Claim the Stage Podcast Ep, 100: The Radical Reclaiming of the Stage Through Doing Nothing
Angela Lussier is the founder of the Speaker Sisterhood and also an award-winning speaker, five-time author, and two-time TEDx presenter. She is the host of Claim the Stage, a public speaking podcast for courageous women. Her motto: Stop waiting. Start creating.